LOCATION AND DIRECTIONS - SILVER GATE, MT
We are less than one mile from Yellowstone National Park Northeast Entrance
Situated towards the northeast of the famous park Silver Gate is a unique little town with a deep history in mining. Today it is a 'secret' tourist destination with rustic cabins and plenty of wildlife. Towards the east, the beautiful Beartooth Mountains with scenic drives offer never-ending views. Come visit us and stay awhile. Click here for availability!
- Miners Saloon
Monday- Saturday 12-10 (kitchen open)
Sundays 12-4; pizza only 5-9
Starting Father’s Day- SUNDAY BBQ starting at 5 until out of food
- Beartooth Café
- The Bistro
- Log Cabin Café
- Pilots Perk
Closed Wednesdays. All other days 7-3
Makes brown bag lunches and take-out breakfast. Lunches are great for taking into the park.
We recommend flying into the following airports: Billings MT, Bozeman MT, or Cody WY. The Bozeman Airport and Billings Airport are both 3 hours away from Silver Gate. The Cody Airport is only 1.5 hours away but is a small airport and can be more expensive.
Silver Gate is a very remote town. There are no buses or shuttles that come to, or through, Silver Gate. If you are flying, you will need to rent a car to get here.
- Whitewater Rafting (Gardiner, MT)
- Flying Pig Rafting
- Ziplining (Gardiner, MT)
- Chuckwagon dinners (Roosevelt in YNP)
- Yellow Bus Tours (park tours…will begin in park)
- Cooke City Hiking Adventures (guided hikes in the park…special offer for Silver Gate Lodging
- Daisy and Lulu Pass (outside of Cooke City)
Great for 4-wheeling and wildflower spotting
- 4 Wheeler Rentals @ Bearclaw Sales and Service in Cooke City
- Beartooth Highway (considered on of the most beautiful scenic highways in America)
- Many lakes for hiking and fishing.
- Chief Joseph Highway (another incredible scenic highway)
- Bike Riding (there is not a place to rent bikes in Cooke City or Silver Gate. There are bike tours
- Buffalo Bill Museum (in Cody)
- Local Waterfalls (ask about them in the General Store)
- Silver Falls
- Bridal Falls
- Sheep Creek Falls
- Woody Falls
- Crazy Creek Falls