LODGING & CABINS - SILVER GATE, MT
We are less than one mile from Yellowstone National Park Northeast Entrance
Situated towards the northeast of the famous park Silver Gate is a unique little town with a deep history in mining. Today it is a 'secret' tourist destination with rustic cabins and plenty of wildlife. Towards the east, the beautiful Beartooth Mountains with scenic drives offer never-ending views. Come visit us and stay awhile. Click here for availability!
- Miners Saloon
Monday- Saturday 12-10 (kitchen open)
Sundays 12-4; pizza only 5-9
Starting Father’s Day- SUNDAY BBQ starting at 5 until out of food
- Bearclaw Bakery
- Beartooth Café
- The Bistro
- Log Cabin Café
- Pilots Perk
Closed Wednesdays. All other days 7-3
Makes brown bag lunches and take-out breakfast. Lunches great for taking into the park.
- Sylvia’s Sweet Shoppe
Ask any of our staff for their favorite recommendations. We would be happy to help you figure
out the best place to eat for you and your family!*There are no grocery stores in Silver Gate or Cooke City. If you plan on cooking your own meals while staying with us, we recommend buying your groceries before arriving in Silver Gate. Depending on which direction you are coming from you will need to buy groceries in Bozeman, Billings, Livingston, Gardiner, Cody, Billings, or Red Lodge. However, there are also some really great restaurants just 3 miles up the road from us.
We recommend flying into the following airports: Billings MT, Bozeman MT, or Cody WY. The Bozeman Airport and Billings Airport are both 3 hours away from Silver Gate. The Cody Airport is only 1.5 hours away but is a small airport and can be more expensive.
Silver Gate is a very remote town. There are no buses or shuttles that come to, or through, Silver Gate. If you are flying, you will need to rent a car to get here.
- Whitewater Rafting (Gardiner, MT)
- Flying Pig Rafting
- Ziplining (Gardiner, MT)
- Chuckwagon dinners (Roosevelt in YNP)
- Yellow Bus Tours (park tours…will begin in park)
- Cooke City Hiking Adventures (guided hikes in the park…special offer for Silver Gate Lodging
- Daisy and Lulu Pass (outside of Cooke City)
Great for 4-wheeling and wildflower spotting
- 4 Wheeler Rentals @ Bearclaw Sales and Service in Cooke City
- Beartooth Highway (considered on of the most beautiful scenic highways in America)
- Many lakes for hiking and fishing.
- Chief Joseph Highway (another incredible scenic highway)
- Bike Riding (there is not a place to rent bikes in Cooke City or Silver Gate. There are bike tours
- Buffalo Bill Museum (in Cody)
- Local Waterfalls (ask about them in the General Store)
- Silver Falls
- Bridal Falls
- Sheep Creek Falls
- Woody Falls
- Crazy Creek Falls